After hosting V for a month over Christmas, God has impressed on us to pursue adoption. We covet your prayers and support during this process.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday again

Another Sunday has come and gone - but I hope we don't leave this day an unchanged person! I hope as we worshiped our Savior today that it was meaningful and LIFE-CHANGING!!! Worthless Worship is not beneficial to us or to God!!  We had an AWESOME day of worship at Macedonia. Then, it was great to enjoy lunch w/friends - especially the lady who made the very first donation to our adoption! :)
As another week has gone by, I can't help but think that we are one week closer to seeing Vita again!! The thought of that gets me all excited, but at the same time, even more anxious!! I've had several people ask me "What is the total cost of this adoption going to be?" I don't think I've posted that on here for fear that people won't give because of the seemingly impossible task it's going to entail - but here it is - $34,000 (approx.). Parts of this amount are variable (airfare, other travel expenses, etc.). This is the reason we have posted little bits at a time - we don't want to get overwhelmed by the enormous amount looming over us. As time grows closer, however, our goals will grow larger.  As I said in a previous post, the current goal is to pay for caseworker fees.
Where we are: Daniel & I have our 2nd home study meeting on Tuesday. Then, our final home study meeting - in our home - will be on March 6th - after which our current goal of $1500 will be due. Tomorrow we will be applying for our passports.
We will doing a t-shirt fundraiser coming up soon so keep watching for information about that. If your business would like to sponsor an ad spot on the back of the shirts, the cost is $25. Just email Daniel at daniel@mbcjackson.org or fb message us for details. T-shirts will cost $15.
Thanks for your continued prayers, encouraging notes, and monetary support. I continue to be amazed at the love being shown to us during this time! You guys are awesome - but most of all - GOD is AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment